Sunday 2 November 2014

My New Diet: Tips and Tricks for Weight-loss

Over the last 5 years (since leaving school) I put on a lot of weight. 11kgs to be exact.

I really started packing on the kg's when I moved out of home. I begun drinking alcohol almost every night (I know very bad habit) and of course when you drink you eat. 


Considering how bad I ate and drank i'm not really surprised that I put on weight and unfortunately I don't have a very active life style. I don't enjoy exercising and I don't have a gym membership for this exact reason, but I figure it's not impossible to loose weight without exercise.


So the time has come for me to start my diet. I will be making weekly blog posts about it, to keep myself accountable! and posting any new tips or tricks I pick up along the way. I personally get a lot of my inspiration from Asian girls/women. They are always super slender and just generally beautiful (SO JEALOUS) so a lot of my tips and tricks will have an Asian diet inspiration. 




Tips and Tricks for Weight-loss

These are all things that I am going to start doing to aid in my weight-loss journey





1. Drink more tea (preferably green or oolong) 
Not only will this aid in hydrating your body but you can get so many tasty tea flavours!
Aim to have between 4-6 cups a day, this will help with curbing your cravings as well as increasing your metabolism and giving you lots of antioxidants. 
Switching from a fizzy drink to a green tea can save you up to 140cal per glass!!








2. Eat more colourful vegetables

lettuce, sweet potato, zucchini, carrot, cabbage, asparagus, red onion, cucumber, spinach, baby spinach, broccoli, cauliflower- i could go on! Try to make these vegetables the main section of your mean. You can do this by replacing pasta with steamed cabbage or stringed zucchini, or by grating a cauliflower to use instead of rice.







3. 'Hara Hachi Bu'

This is going to be the hardest for me. Hara Hachi Bu is a Japanese saying which means 'eat until you are 80% full'. If your over eat then you are stretching your stomach meaning it will take more to fill it up the next time! Just eat until your feeling content not stuffed.








4. Have fruit as a sweet

Replace sweets such as lollies, ice cream, candy etc. with fruits such as bananas, mangoes, grapes, apricots etc. I have been doing a lot of research and found that there are so many ways you can use fruits to make a yummy sweet treat! I will have to make another post on it because it will take up to much space if I was to do it now!





5. Eat lean proteins 
Obviously lean proteins are better for you than their fatty counter parts so stay away from sausages, ready made burger patty's, rissoles etc. I have a lot of information about this so I will be doing another post in a couple of days to give you a lot more information!! but for now I will be sticking to chicken breast and chicken mince (it is some of the leanest source of protein out there and very easy to get a hold of)




6. Switch to unrefined carbs
If you love eating rice - switch to a brown rice, your having bread? - switch to a wholemeal or a rye bread and if you need to have a big bowel of past - change it to a brown pasta. Unrefined carbs are better for us because they are un-processed, keeping in all of the good stuff. 






7. Eat lean snacks
Spread some tzaziki dip over some crackers = Yummy!! Make up some jelly and pop some fruit in it to keep in the fridge, have a couple of your favorite nuts/seeds with a cup of your favorite tea, have a cup of soup with a piece of brown bread. Ill make a post about low cal snacks as well. 







8. Carry a bottle of water EVERYWHERE 
If your out and about and staring to feel a bit hungry, pull out that drink bottle and take a large drink! you might actually be thirsty instead of hungry OR if you are hungry it will satisfy you long enough for you to get home and make your next meal or grab your low carb snack.






These are all things that I will be doing in my weight-loss journey! if you have any questions or worries just post them in the question box and I will reply as soon as I can!



MY WEIGHTLOSS STARTS NOW AND SO CAN YOURS!!





No comments:

Post a Comment